I don’t believe in Astrology, but there you go. However, I did have a freaky experience once. At a business dinner many years ago we were amongst 6 couples sat around a table, mostly business acquaintances to some degree, thus knowing some better than others. My main guest and his partner was a major Buyer for a well-known food manufacturer who tin baked beans. (How many clues do you need?)
Anyway, a couple of hours into the evening and the conversation had been going well and we were all rather jolly when having covered off most topics in polite conversation my guest, let’s call him Tim, gets on to Astrology. He stated there and then that from our conversations all evening he can go around the table, remember that he doesn’t know anyone apart from me, and he certainly doesn’t know when my birthday is, and tell us what star sign we are.
He proceeded to give a brief resume of each sign and say who was what in the Astrological calendar. Accepting that he knew when his wife’s birthday was he got 9 of the remaining 10 spot on. I was gob-smacked. I still can’t explain it.
I am a Scorpio. Famous Scorpions are:
– Pablo Picasso – yesssss
– Hilary Clinton – go Hills
– Sylvia Plath – sad but true
– Simon and Garfunkel – woh, can you believe they have the same birthday !!!
– Grace Slick – one pill makes you larger
– Loyal – I’ve supported the same football team for 50 years
– Passionate – ask my wife
– Resourceful – I can wear the same pair of jeans for weeks
– Observant- I look where I’m going rather than texting
– Dynamic – hahaha, hardly
– Jealous – jealous? Moi ?
– Obsessive – see “Loyal” comment above
– Suspicious – only if you’ve earned it you slimy double-speaking toe rag
– Manipulative – nah
– Unyielding – see “Loyal” again
So there you go. All there is to know about me – and if you need more my friend Tim can help you out. It’s my birthday today. Looking forward to another year of obsessive jealousy and unyielding suspicious manipulation.
Have a great weekend. Feed your head. I intend to.