Some people don’t do the Awards Thing – but that’s okay, each to his/her own. As for me I think that if someone says they like my blog, what I write, what I have to say, shoot,paint,play, then I’m appreciative and grateful, like a tinkling applause down the pub on Open Mic night. (Not that people who don’t do awards don’t appreciate the shout out, either. I’m sure they do. But you can see how deep this hole is getting so I’ll move on.)
In January this year I was nominated for several awards, by a number of bloggers, (jared (where are you man, hope Sandy wasn’t too bad for you / Mark / Lynn, I think / and more – this is embarrassing, I’m sorry – note to self – respond straight away) all in the space of about a week, and I promised to pass on my appreciation. But I was remiss, then felt guilty, and then Father Time walked on.
Now I have been nominated for the REALITY blog award by Alison , who is new to blogging but is already building up a helluva following for her honest, open and interesting style. Drop by and check her out.
So, I have to answer 5 questions and nominate 8 bloggers;
1) If you could change something what would you change?
– I wouldn’t have gone down that hill so fast, hit the gravel, hit the deck and smashed my nose.
2) If you could repeat an age, what age would it be?
– 23, boy, I was hot that year. 🙂
3) What one thing really scares you?
– Poor health. I’ve been lucky so far – touch wood.
4) What one dream have you not completed yet and do you think you will be able to complete it?
– I want to be a s&$t-hot guitarist – practice time is precious and sometimes rare.
5) If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?
– I’m happy in my skin but that’s not the point is it. So, Javier Bardem. Then I get to swank around with Penelope Cruz all day. 🙂
Nominating bloggers is always the hardest bit. I tried to create a theme but it didn’t work. I drop by so many worth reading and, to be honest, I can’t remember who I nominated last time I did this (probably about 18 months ago). So, just as in the song, “English Country Garden” ……. “..and those I miss you’ll surely pardon..”
Travel the world with The Adventures of Dr and Europe with Lisa. Ré’s short stories are punchy. Derek’s music blog suggests some erudite discussion. I like to visit India and Pakistan from my armchair. And I would have given Lynne a shout-out but damn if she ain’t popular enough ! 🙂 And Button – so crafty . Then there’s Tim, who puts music together on a theme, and The Boy with a Hat will spin you a yarn.
Thanks again to Alison, a great new blog, my hot tip for the FP page in no time. I have missed people out and forgotten others due to shortage of space and restrictions in time. Don’t take it personally, it’s not meant that way.