The past week or so has been incredibly busy for us. I don’t volunteer for much around here, Mrs.Monkey does that, so I keep my diary free because her volunteering usually involves my labour. So, even though I’m not particularly a church goer, I’ve erected Nativity tents and taken them down, helped arrange flowers at a Carol service, photographed another Carol Service for the singers, completed a 300 mile round trip to deliver pressies, managed to get our house into some sort of order for the BIG DAY.
But, hey, what else have I got to worry about ?
So, tomorrow will look like this;
1. Rise and shine about 8 am.
2. Family Church service at 10.00 (because this is the one day of the year they sing fun songs).
3. Back for lunchtime Champagne with neighbours.
4. Dinner feast at 3.00 pm – just me and Fi – smiling into each others eyes.
5. 5.00pm Communal Sofa Snoring competition. (If you are awake, you lost !)
6. Evening walk for some air and then return home for another match in our annual Winter Scrabble Competition ( I usually lose).
But, here, in a shameless attempt to monopolise the “Aaahhh”factor, is the most important thing that happened to us this year. The arrival on 1st October of Thom Holden Galletly – our first Grandson……and we think he is the most handsome baby ever born. 🙂
…and this is the song Pops wrote for Baby Thom 4 months ago…
Wishing everyone a happy time this Christmas holiday, regardless of your colour, creed or religion, we are of one humanity, one planet, smile on your fellows and be hopeful and kind.
(…..wanders off dancing to “Paddlehands”…………..) 🙂 🙂